Every year growing up, my mom would make a holiday treat for all her friends. Some years it was lemon cookies, other years it was biscotti, but one year she made Kahlua Fudge and it was a hit!
Since moving into an apartment of my own, I started making holiday treats for my friends and colleagues. I made my mom’s Kahlua Fudge last year and received so many compliments on it, so I had to make it again this year.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Kahlua*
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1.5 tsp. vanilla
- Stir cocoa and sugars together in heavy 1.5 quart saucepan.
- Add cream, Kahlua, and butter
- Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Keep at a boil, stirring 1 minute.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla. Cool, and store in covered jar in refrigerator.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yields: 2.75 cups
*375 mL bottle of Kahlua (found at liquor stores) equals 1.5 cups
This fudge is perfect for dipping cookies or fruit in, pouring over a bowl of ice cream, or my personal favorite, eating a spoonful by itself. My mom and I always divvy up the fudge into festive glasses or mugs. Enjoy!