5 Things I Do Every Morning to Start My Day off Right
Anyone else a routine person? What about a morning person? I’m both, and am much more productive at 6:00am than I am at 8:00pm so that’s why I have a morning routine that I do everyday.
Ok, let’s be honest. There are those CRAZY mornings where something doesn’t get done and I feel scattered. But 95% of the time, if I do these five things in the morning, I head into the rest of my day feeling calm and ready to go.
- Chill with a mug of hot coffee. Yum! 🙂 I like waking up early and lying in bed with coffee. Sometimes I read, go on IG, or check in on my athletes. Nothing tastes better than that first sip of coffee.
- Make the bed. Even if the rest of our apartment is a disaster zone, making our bed seems to always be the first step in fixing that.
- Wash all breakfast dishes. I love coming home from work to a clean kitchen with no dirty dishes in the sink. We don’t have a dishwasher, so I wash them in the morning and place them on drying mats. It’s a good feeling getting home to a chore that’s already been done, and all I have to do is put the dishes away.
- Eat breakfast with my husband. Every morning, Kyle and I sit down at our kitchen table with our breakfast and eat together. It’s a time for us to talk and start our days together with a healthy meal.
- Straighten up for 5-10 minutes. Whether it’s folding blankets in our living room, going through mail from the previous day, or cleaning up my desk, I spend just a few minutes before heading out the door doing one of these things. Again, coming home to a straightened up apartment is the best.
- ***If it’s summer*** – workout. During the school year, I don’t workout until after I get home from work, but getting it done first thing in the morning during the summer sets a healthy & positive tone for my day. I sometimes try to strength train at 5:30am…sometimes it works and sometimes Kyle and I get up but just chill with coffee and workout after breakfast.
Do you have a morning routine or do something everyday that sets a positive tone for your day?