I love making resolutions and setting goals for myself. The start of a new year is always very exciting because it brings the feeling of a new page and chapter.
Below are some of my goals for 2020. Not all are mentioned because some are a bit more personal and others I’d just like to keep private. I always feel a little vulnerable sharing these…but accomplishing them will make me a better person, so I’m happy to share!
I’ve divided them into different categories for organization and to make sure I don’t have too many relating to one particular thing.
- Read 20 books
- Eat 5 servings of fruits & veggies combined each day
- Continue updating my wardrobe
- Clean 2x / month
- Fill wedding picture frames and photo album
- Complete and file important papers immediately so desk stays clean
- Find and use an app to help track daily purchases
- Pay off credit card debt
- Blog 1x / week
- Research one running topic every week to deepen my knowledge of the sport
- Enhance my website
- Increase the options I offer
RUNNING: *none of these are related to time on the race clock
- Strength train 3x / week
- Injury prevention exercises 3-5x / week
- Improve recovery (rolling, Normatec, epsom salt baths, 15-30 minute yoga)
- Run more races 🙂
Something I wanted to do and did towards the end of 2019 was start a local book group! I discovered this past year that reading is a huge form of self care for me, and wanted to share this passion with others. We have our first meeting next week and will be talking about Where the Crawdads Sing. 🙂
Questions for you:
- What’s something you want to accomplish in 2020?
- How do you feel about setting goals in the beginning of the new year?
- Do we share any of the same goals?