Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
This spring and summer, I’ve developed a love for creating and developing my own recipes! I’m planning to share many of them with you and am choosing to start with these delicious bars. My parents and Kyle taste tested them and Kyle remarked that they are similar to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups with a liiiittle less chocolate – quite the compliment 🙂 They are a little sticky so be ready to lick your fingers clean or have a wipe nearby.
Enjoy my homemade Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars. They are perfect for an energy boost, an afternoon snack, and even dessert too!
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP PROTEIN BARS
Yields: 8 bars
Serving size: 1 bar
16g carbs / 10g fat / 10g protein / 182 calories
(Search Elizabeth’s Eats Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Bars in MyFitnessPal)
2 cups (80g) quick oats, grounded into oat flour
4 T (28g) almond flour
8 T (128g) smooth peanut butter (I use Teddie’s Unsalted)
1 scoop (31.5g) PEScience Cake Pop SELECT Protein
1/4 cup (60 mL) skim milk
8 T (120 mL) sugar free maple syrup
1 T (14g) mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grind the oats in a blender or magic bullet until they become a flour texture.
- Add oats, almond flour, peanut butter, protein, milk, and syrup in a medium sized mixing bowl.
3. Mix until well combined.
4. Line a 3-cup dish with parchment paper.
5. Add all of the mixture into the dish and spread evenly.
6. Sprinkle chocolate chips across the top.
7. Put the cover on the dish and place in freezer.
8. Freeze for at least 3 hours.
9. Take out of freezer and thaw for 30 minutes.
10. Cut into 8 even bars. Place uneaten bars back into freezer.
*You can leave the bars in the dish to put back in the freezer, or wrap each bar in tin foil so thawing individual pieces is much easier!
Enjoy! Please feel free to leave a comment below with questions or a review of this recipe once you’ve made it.