Happy 2021! It’s the start of a new year and I love to set goals for myself. I don’t just set goals on January 1st, but all throughout the year. Setting goals for myself takes what I’m wanting to accomplish in my head and creates a vision for myself. Once I’ve set a goal, I think about my plan and the steps I’m going to take to reach that goal. Remember – setting goals is great but the most important part of goal setting is taking action – you need to create a plan to follow so you reach that goal or else it won’t happen.
Something else to keep in mind while writing out goals for yourself is to make sure they’re measurable. Having a measurable goal guarantees that you can accurately track and assess whether or not you’re hitting that goal. For instance, “Drink more water” is not a measurable goal. What does “more” mean? At the end of the day, how do you know you drank more water? Changing this to a measurable goal could look like, “Drink 8 glasses of water a day” or “Drink half my body weight (in oz) of water”.
I am not including all my goals in this post as I’m choosing to keep some private at this time. Some of these goals are “continuing goals” meaning I’ve been working on them for a while and intend to continue working on them.
- Read 21 books, at least 7 running books
- Learn how to curl my hair 🙂
- No getting out of bed before 7am on weekends
- Continue binge eating disorder recovery
- Continue therapy & taking care of my mental health
- Continue having a large focus on recovery – sleeping, stretching, rolling, massaging, compression boots, fueling & refueling, and taking epsom salt baths.
- Run consistently – I do not want to get burnt out like I have twice in the past 2 years and need to take multiple months off from running.
- Continue strength training
*I created both 6-month and 12-month goals for my coaching business and am choosing to keep these private.
- Continue posting 1x / week
- Post 2 new recipes a month (extra posts)
- Continue to cleanup / organize / revamp blog
- Declutter home & belongings through the 6-month #Sophisticateddeclutter on IG and YouTube
Well, those are my 2021 goals! At least those are the goals I’m willing to share 🙂
What’s something you are working on this year or a goal you’ve made for yourself?